Re: TR2 Aeroscreens

To: David Lee <DJFLee@msn.com>
Subject: Re: TR2 Aeroscreens
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 18:30:02 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
David Lee wrote:

> As I am one of those sad guys that only drives my Triumph when the sun shines,
> (not easy in northern Scotland), I am considering fitting a pair of
> aeroscreens in place of the windscreen. Originals are virtually impossible to
> find so I am looking at the after-market screens from Moss - Part No 700896.
> Has anyone had any experience of these?
> Fitting problems? in particular how do you cover up the two holes left behind
> by the removed stanchions?
> All opinions gratefully received.
>
> Incidentally,  - Charlie Brown; are you the Charlie Brown who can sign himself
>  Spitfire Pilot with rather more justification than might be expected on the
> Triumph list? If so how ya doin' me 'old.
>
> Dave Lee
> 1955 TR2
> 1976 SIII Land Rover

Are you talking about the windscreen stanchions? On my '57 TR3, you just
unlock the Dzus fasteners (2 each side) at the base of the windscreen &
slide the windscreen forward & off, leaving the slide mounts. Why would
you want to fill the holes on the slide mounts?

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L
(getting ready to paint)