Re: TR2 Aeroscreens

To: "David Lee" <DJFLee@msn.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR2 Aeroscreens
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 17:32:42 -0700

> As I am one of those sad guys that only drives my Triumph when the sun
shines,
> (not easy in northern Scotland), I am considering fitting a pair of
> aeroscreens in place of the windscreen. Originals are virtually
impossible to
> find so I am looking at the after-market screens from Moss - Part No
700896.
> Has anyone had any experience of these?
> Fitting problems? in particular how do you cover up the two holes left
behind
> by the removed stanchions?
> All opinions gratefully received.
<snip>

Dave-

Sad...drivin your TR on a sunny day ?

Never used a set of the repros, but if they are true to the originals, they
will bolt right on to your car (the holes are already there and should have
chrome headed bolts in them). Now for the tough part as we have to rely on
my memory...oh oh... I recall that the TR2 has a plate under the
stanchions, between the body and the windscreen stanchion, but some of the
later cars mounted directly without use of the spacer plate. On the cars
that I used the aeroscreens on, I removed the extra plate also as it looked
kind-o-ugly out there by itself. To cover up the existing holes I made up
some metal brackets to hold a pair of Ray-Dot mirrors. The brackets were
sort of upside down "T" shapes that utilized the existing holes in the body
as the base with the long part of the "T" sticking straight up. Bend a 90
degree tab on the end of this part of your "T" and mount the mirrors. Not
only do you have a lot more useable mirror area, but they look pretty cool
there.

Just my OPINION of course...
       Nick in Nor Cal