Re: Synthetic Oil

To: "Ralph Jannelli" <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Oil
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 19:10:30 -0700

----------
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
To: 'Triumphs' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Synthetic Oil
Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 5:34 PM

What is the general consensus on using synthetic oil like Mobile 1 in and
old engine. I know on a new engine it works fine, but is there any reason
not to use it on an engine with 40-50K miles on it?

Ralph Jannelli
Charlotte NC
'72 Spitfire MKIV
'65 Spitfire MKII
----------
Fellow Oil Barons-

I have used synthetic oil in absolutely everything no matter what the
mileage was when it fell into my hands. (Well actually only the mechanical
type units, the biological units rebel at its useage). I have emperically
"proven" the advantages to myself a thousand times over in race motors and
wouldn't think about any other type oil. I have used it in old and new cars
and have never had any "bad" experiences so far (well, I was a little
apprehensive about the rotary though).

I have no interest in ...yadda yadda...but I pour nothing but Redline in
all my cars
        Nick in Nor Cal