TR4 Dash Restoration

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Dash Restoration
From: Tim Tucker <ttucker@mail.tds.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:03:49 -0400
Triumph lovers,

I am planning a restoration of the dash area of my '62 TR4.  This
includes dash pad, both so-called crash pads, and the center switch
section.  The instruments are all OK, all cables are OK, and I have a
new knob set.  Anyway, here are my questions:

1. The vinyl that covers the interior of the windscreen frame will be
replaced, is there a certain type or supplier of this material that is
more "Official" than the others?

2. The backside and edge of the dash(non-wood type) seems to have a
coating of white on it.  Was the dash ever white for a TR4?  Is there a
supplier of the black crinkle paint that a VTR judge would spot as being
more "Authentic" than the others.  I have owned the car for 17 years,
and it had a black crinkle finish on the dash when I got it.

Thanks for listening, thanks for ANY responses, and this list is great
to have!!!  If any VTR officials are listening, you need to place a link
to the GREAT VTR page at www.classicar.com
I did not see one there, and thought one was sorely needed.

Tim
'62 TR4  CT16063L