Installing rear bumper

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Installing rear bumper
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:08:07 -0400
I need more help from the collective wisdom.
In order to get the old bumper off, I had to saw it off.  I ordered an
new center bar bumper from Moss, but plan to use the corner bars that I
had.  It seems, however, that I can't find any bolts to fit the threads
in these bumpers at the local hardware stores.  The guy there tells me
there was a "special" British thread (I forget what he called this), and
that this is what it would require.  Questions:
1) Anyone know where I can get bolts to fit these corner bars
2) The bolt required for the new Moss bumper seems to be slightly
different.  Anyone know what this requires? (Moss wasn't able to help)
3) Would I be better off just sawing out the nuts in the bumpers, and
fitting them with new nuts to my own specifications?
Thanks for the advice,
Sirmoog
'71 TR6 Cincinnati