Re: BAAAAD GAAAAS

To: prubrew@ix.netcom.com, jruwaldt@indiana.edu
Subject: Re: BAAAAD GAAAAS
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:52:14 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-08-12 03:40:28 EDT, prubrew@ix.netcom.com (Chris Prugh)
writes:

<< Gas does in fact go bad. >>
I can also attest to this by experience.  On two occasions after winter
storage, I could run my 3 on fresh gas supplied from a can to the fuel pump
inlet, but could not run it on the gas that had been left in the tank over
the winter.  Both times, I had to drain the tank, and it then ran fine on
fresh gas.  I then used Stabile (TM) for a few years, and it seemed to do the
trick.  Now, I just store it as empty as I can, and add fresh gas to it
before I start it.  If anyone doubts this, I still have a 5 gallon can of the
gas I drained out last time (How do you dispose of this stuff in an
environmentally sound manner?  I cant bring myself to either throw it in the
garbage to be landfilled, or pour it down the sewer) and I'd be glad to give
it to anyone who wants to try to use it.  I won't even put it in my
lawnmower.  (Tho maybe I would put it in a Miata!   JUST KIDDING, DON'T FLAME
ME, I USED TO OWN ONE, THEY ARE FINE CARS)
Paul