Re: Moral Support Needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Moral Support Needed
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:50:17 -0400
>A professional restorer checked out my TR2 this morning, and told me
>that it is absolutely at the margin between "restorable at a cost far
>exceeding the value of the finished project," and "basket case."

What he probably meant was that he could restore and sell a car for a great
deal more than what your car might be worth, and he's not interested in
your car. Keep the car, fix it yourself. You will almost certainly put more
into it than it will be worth, but these things are not investments,
they're cars. Go for it!

The "Practical Classics" book on TR6 restoration started with the worst
pile of rot I've seen and made a beauty of it.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.