Re: Moral Support Needed

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Moral Support Needed
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:52:06 -0800
Cc: Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
fred thomas wrote:

 RIGHT-ON JANE, KEEP ON GOING. Can't wait to see what Joe Curry
> has to say. Just great Jane.

Unfortunately, Joe sent his reply off-list, so you'll never know for
sure what he said!!!!

But I'll paraphrase for what it is worth.

The description sounds a lot like the Spit I restored.  I knew going in
that I'd never get out of it what was about to invest.  But it was
something I wanted to do.  And over $14,000 later, I wouldn't part with
the Spit even if somebody offered to reimburse me fully. (maybe if he
offered $100 more....Naaaahhh!)
If you want a great looking car and are concerned about cost, there are
plenty of cars for sale that have already been restored but for one
reason or another are for sale at much less than the restoration cost.
But if you want to point to a great looking car and say, "I did that",
you don't have any other alternative.

In short, I'd opt for restoration. (Damn the torpedoes, full speed
ahead)

Joe Curry
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing