Re-chrome or buy new

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re-chrome or buy new
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 21:01:48 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
It's time to "fix" the bumpers on the 6 and I'm looking for advice on
re-chroming versus buying new. I've been quoted $300 per bumper by a local
shop that does excellent work..... they better, seeing as they cater to the
Harley crowd! Now I get the new Moss catalog and they have bumpers on sale.
I've "heard" that the new bumpers aren't as good quality as the original
ones so it's better to have them re-chromed. Except for the fact that the
chrome has faded off, my existing bumpers are in excellent shape. What's the
collective wisdom of the list have to say?
Thanks
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD