Any TR, conv. top windows ??

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Any TR, conv. top windows ??
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 17:51:45 -0700
Hi listers,

A couple quick questions for the collective wisdom...

Has anyone had any success "clearing up" old conv. top plastic windows
that have yellowed (or more precisely "browned") with age? The top on my
car is in exceptionally good condition despite it's age, except for
this.

As an alternative, has anyone had just the windows replaced? I've heard
this is possible, but have had no experience with it. Do the
replacements look as good as the "factory installed" windows? Do they
hold up over time?

Now for a completely unrelated, kinda dumb question... does anyone know
if it is possible to powder coat aluminum? My understanding of the
process was that the powder is charged either positive or negative, the
piece being paint is charged the opposite, powder is applied with the
charge causing powder to cling to the piece, then the whole thing is
baked in an oven to cure the finish and meld the powder. Since aluminum
is non-magnetic, would it take the necessary charge?

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602

--