Re: Manchester British car gathering

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Manchester British car gathering
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:40:07 -0700
Cc: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@hey.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, anthony rondeau <rondeau@neca.com>, paul@hobbytyme.com, 75452.105@compuserve.com, sweisman@gis.net
Henry,

I must confess, when I first purchased it, my TR4 was the same color
(DPO?). However, it was refered to as "Porsche Orange" in the mid and
early 70's. Because I kept losing the car in parking lots full of 914's
& 912's, I repainted the car fairly quickly, but still find traces
occasionally when I take a part off.

However, since there are now two cars we know of in this color, is it
possible the factory produced a few to try the market and just never
included the color in the paint chips?

Also, now that we have identified the correct name for the color,
perhaps we should remount the little tractor engines in the boot and
convert them to air cooled? ;-)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

--