GT6 speedo drive: problems, problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 speedo drive: problems, problems
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 16:32:29 -0400
Yo, gearheads, I got a little problem.

Having the tunnel out of my GT6 as I do for clutch cylinder rebuilds, I decided
investigate the reason my speedo hasn't worked since I got the car.  As it
turns out,
both plastic drive gears are crunched -- the gear on the drive spindle and the
worm gear
in the tranny.  How this happened ... is beyond me.

Still, I would like to have a functional speedometer.  Call me a nut.  But I'm
not
hardly eager to pull apart the tranny in order to have one.  Before I put the
tunnel
back, what are my options here?  Slim and none?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6