Re: GT6 speedo drive: problems, problems

To: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 speedo drive: problems, problems
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 18:19:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Jerry wrote:

>... as I remember it you have to pull the tranny....

Fortunately, Martin, I believe Jerry's memory is a bit off (sorry,
Jerry). According to the factory workshop manual, it can be done "in
situ" as it were. "Take out the locating bolt and withdraw the
speedometer drven gear and bearing, remove the 'O' rings and extract the
seal. Press a new seal into the bearing, fit the 'O' rings and insert the
driven gear. Fit the assembly into the rear extension and secure with the
locating bolt and spring washer."

The preface and postscript to the above simply mention removing or
reinstalling the facia support bracket, carpet and gearbox cover.

So I think you're ok on this one, Martin!

--Andy