Re: GT6 speedo drive: problems, problems

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 speedo drive: problems, problems
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 20:51:10 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>, "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Joe Curry wrote:

> Andy,
> I think that in lieu of the situation (stripped worm gear on the
> mainshaft), removal of the tranny is in fact required.  It was a bit
> difficult to fathom how that gear could also be stripped, but apparantly
> that is the case as far as I can tell.

Again, according to the workshop manual, removal of the gearbox is NOT
required, even to get at the drive gear. The extension can be removed
from the gearbox "in situ" as well. I suspect it could be a bit tricky to
get the driving flange off; otherwise, it appears pretty simple to do by
jacking up the gearbox, undoing what needs to be undone, etc.

I might have noted that in the first post, were it not for the fact that
my manual had pages out of order: 2.211, 2.212, 2.209, 2.210, 2.213,
2.214, etc. The pages must have been put into the ring binder on a Monday
or Friday. ;-)

--Andy