RE: TR4A PCV Diaphragm

To: Unicorn7 <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4A PCV Diaphragm
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 09:25:29 -0400
THat sounds like a very nice, practical solution.  Maybe I can find
something that will fit inside the original PCV.  I know that it looks
stupid, it was clearly a bodge solution, but it is original.

I wonder exactly how a modern PCV works.  I guess that it has a
spring loaded valve that allows air to pass only when the pressure
differential reaches a certain level.  Maybe ther is a flow restrictor as
well
so that the mixture is not excessively leaned.....

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
From: "unicorn7" <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>

My solution for my GT6+; went to AUTOZONE (please no wisecracks) purchased
BMW PCV valve -  it's about 1/2 inch at both ends, basically the same as
the
valve cover and the manifold, bought a 90 degree elbow, and a foot of the
appropriate hose.  I used a tap on one end of the elbow to thread it for
one
end of the valve (the end toward the engine is a hose connector end) and
put
the hoses on.  Presto-chango I now have emissions acceptable crankcase
ventilation, I don't have to source that damn rubber flap valve or the s
shaped hose, I can buy replacements easily, and I don't have that silly
standoff bracket hanging on my head

Dave Korzun