Re: windscreen washer TR-3A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: windscreen washer TR-3A
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:34:10 -0600
Dave and Ken:

My 1961 TR3A, which I have had now for 26 years (although only on the
road for a few of them), has the 'TR4'-style pump (with a black push
knob about 5/16" diameter) on the dash in the location that Ken
mentions. I understand that it was most likely dealer-installed and that
it was likely installed at the time of original sale. At that time, the
last of the TR3As (like mine) and the TR3Bs were actually hanging around
the dealer lots (unsold) while the first TR4s were being sold.

I'm not sure about the earlier TR3s, but the 'bulb and bag' arrangement
was certaiinly typical of the smaller '50s British sedans (saloons).

Dave Q.
Neuhorst, SK
'61 TR3A and other stuff

>I have a 59 TR3 that has a large (3" diameter) black washer bulb that works
>great. It was always on the car, states the previous owner, to the left of the
>speedometer. I've owned the car for 18 years and have been told
many times that it was a dealer installed option. It is attached to a
black rubber "bag" on the vertical section of driver side wheel well.
Hope this helps.  Dave Willner<