TR6 motor on engine stand

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 motor on engine stand
From: Rob C Swift <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:52:14 -0400
Hello Listers!

        I have a spare TR6 motor that I would like to store in my garage for an
extended period of time.  I would really like to put it on an engine stand
so that it would be easier to roll around among other things.  Looking at
the diameter of the bolts that will thread into the block, I am a little
nervous about this prospect.  The motor seems so long, and those bolts so
small....  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Can I buy a
"hardened" bolt that will stand up to a long term test?

Thanks again,

Rob Swift
Manassas, Virginia

'75 TR6 (daily driver)