Re: TR6 motor on engine stand

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 motor on engine stand
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:44:09 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>A cherry picker? For a Spit engine?! Can't you just hold those things
under one
>arm while you do the rebuild?  8^)
****************************
You laugh, but I once lifted my Spitfire engine (less head) from off my
front tire, where we set it after removing it from the engine bay, and
lifted it onto my workbench.  But that was a long time ago, when I was a
lot younger, stronger (and a LOT more stupid or does that cover the
former;-}).  Threw my back out for a week.  Funny thing was, It didn't
bother me until hours later when I went in to take a shower (probably more
than you all wanted to know), dropped the soap (slippery little bugger) and
when I bent over to pick it up. . .WOAH!!. . .Now that I'm quite a few
years older, and presumably a little wiser, I don't do dumb things like
that anymore, even if I could. . .at least on purpose :-)

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)