Re: #@!%**%@! homeowner's association - venting

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: #@!%**%@! homeowner's association - venting
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:20:24 -1000 (HST)
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:04:03 -0500, David Massey wrote:

>Message text written by INTERNET:Anjison@aol.com
>>

>I don't know where you live (as in what state) but I can tell you this
if
>ANYONE comes onto your property without your permission (for
ANY REASON) in

>Texas it can be Criminal Trespass. I would think that one of these
>"Homeowners Association Brown Shirts" runs a great risk of being
prosecuted

My TR is in Maryland in a HOA community.  Here,
no tags = derelict auto = county can tow away at owner's
expense.  That's anywhere in the county.  The HOA has
rights in the CC&R to enter property for various reasons.
They cited me for having the car on the street (with tags)
under a cover.  I put it in the garage,  A couple years ago the
HOA deeded the streets to the city, so now I guess I can tell
them to take a leap if the car is legally parked on the street.
Also, there is a provision against "major repairs".  I haven't
seen anyone cited for that yet, but I don't do a lot of work with
the garage door open either!  The best bet is to keep on friendly
terms with the neighbors, since in most cases I think the
neighbors are the ones who are turning the car owner in.

scott s.
.