Re: #@!%**%@! homeowner's association - venting

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: #@!%**%@! homeowner's association - venting
From: pRob <prob@prob.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:31:46 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> According to pRob:
> >
> > > Just because a Homeowners Association passes a resolution, it can't usurp
>the
> > > Constitution (only Bill Clinton can do that!).
> >
> > Unless, of course, the HOA has given themselves the right to do just that
> > via the CC&Rs or by-laws.
> >
> Doesn't matter.  They can not usurp your Constitutionally guaranteed rights.
> Otherwise, you could pass CC&Rs that said "No Blacks Allowed".

But, in this example, by signing the CC&Rs, you agree to let agents on the
property. That is not an unconstitutional act.  In any event, you don't
OWN the parking spot.  You have a lien on the parking spot.  It is a
common area of the HOA.

I should probably stop arguing and go figure out what pieces I have of the
disassembled TR3 I just acquired.

Rob