Re: Winter Storage / Fuel Drain

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winter Storage / Fuel Drain
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:23:53 -0500
[snip]

 They were quite adamant that there is more
> >potential harm done by letting the car sit for 3 or 4 months then by
> letting
> >it run or by driving it. What do most snow belt owners do with their cars
> >during the winter? Inquiring minds want to know. Snow birds need not
> respond
> >:-)
> >Bob Danielson
> >1975 TR6<
>
> Dry and salt-free are the only requirements.
>
> Dave Massey

Last year, having given away the Civic I beat to death for 12 years, I was
forced on
occasion to drive my GT6 on some snow-free roads that had remnants of salt on
them.

The damage in the engine
bay -- especially to aluminum -- was not a pretty sight.  I won't try that
again this
year; I'll be out there only if a good rain has washed down the roads (!)

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6