Re: Oil filters

To: RALPH JANNELLI <RALPH.JANNELLI@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Oil filters
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 09:06:10 -0700
Cc: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net

RALPH JANNELLI wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> "They said that there had been
> a problem with the type of adhesive used and that it had been corrected.
> (This was in conflict with my findings when I took a filter apart and found
> no adhesive on the drainback at all.) "
>
> Actually in the world of corporate doublespeak that is a typical statement.
> Rather that admit that the adhesive was left out altogether they concoct a
> better sounding story that is technically correct but misleading.

For what it's worth, Fram may well have been a dependable brand at one
time, but if I had to guess, design and quality control probably
suffered after it was bought by Allied Signal. Now that Allied Signal
and Honeywell have merged, it's difficult to assess whether or not the
quality will improve.

Cheers.