Re: Oil filters

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: Oil filters
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:24:59 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

> Hate to say, but I just checked an unused Fram filter (about two years
> old) in the garage, and both the container and the filter are marked
> "Made in USA." Fram Filter division of AlliedSignal is in E. Providence,
> RI.
>
> Cheers.

Mike: exactly- I live in RI, my uncle is a former VP-former as in when
Allied sold out, lots of  people in East Providence got the axe! The
downward spiral began about eight years ago, the Fram plant is now mostly
empty, just a PO box so that the package is labeled with a USA address. I
understand most of the production is now in Mexico.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging the Mexican workers, they're just doing
what's expected of them.
As the famous quote goes "The tone of any organization is set at the top."
It's pretty obvious that a lot of coporations are singing the tune of fast,
quick profit, no matter how the quality of the product suffers.