Re: TR3A Front End

To: randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Front End
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:20:46 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/27/99 11:39:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
randallyoung@earthlink.net writes:

1) Put car on jack stands, remove road wheels.

 6) Using a floor jack and a block of wood (I used a piece of 2x4 scrap,
 about 6" long), lift the suspension off the stop.  (Don't lift too far,
 or the car will come off the jack stands).  Remove the stop bracket,
 lower shock mount and shock. >>

Hi Randall & List

I find it a bit easier & less nerve wracking to do step 6 (removing shock
stop) before step 1. It's a little cramped under the car with it on the
ground, but it's only 2 bolts per side. Same for replacement. YMMV, of course.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4