Re: TR7 "design"

To: SpeedSites@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 "design"
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:32:58 GMT
>From: SpeedSites@aol.com
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: TR7 "design"
>Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 00:51:30 EDT
>
>Unless I'm mistaken (which is very possible), by the time the TR7 (had one,
>hated it) came down the design pike, most of Triumph was in tatters and the
>BL corp brains were in place.
>
>Also, the designer of the TR7 shape was quoted, as I recall, saying that
>"It
>was just a sketch... I never really intended them to make THAT car..." I
>think hhad more of an AC3000 look in mind, again this recollection is a few
>years old.
>
>Rod Pyle
>68 3/4 TR6

      Okay... Time to defend "The Wedge" Sure BL didn't get it right
      right off... The did iron out the problems eventually...

      To my mind it's kind of a cool looking beast (at least the
      roadsters are).Furthermore what other car designed in the mid
      seventies still looks as good today? With some trick looking
      alloy wheels it'll hold its own with nearly anything.

      Let's throw a little petrol on the fire though...

      "God perfected the Triumph in `62... They kept messing with it."

      Greg "Lookin' for his nomex jammies" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)