Re: TR7 "design"

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, SpeedSites@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 "design"
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:58:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/26/2000 6:34:56 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
greenman62@hotmail.com writes:

<<  Let's throw a little petrol on the fire though...

       "God perfected the Triumph in `62... They kept messing with it."

       Greg "Lookin' for his nomex jammies" Petrolati >>

Now, now Greg. Everyone who is really informed knows that REAL sportscars
don't have all those modern appointments.  Wind up windows, now really!!
Through the dash ventilation, oh come on now. In dash heater controls, give
me a break here. Why you can't even reach down and touch the ground as you're
driving along with a TR4!  How inconvenient when your hat blows off into the
road, you've got to get OUT of the car and dodge all that traffic to retrieve
it. With the convenience of cut down doors a quick U turn and the cap is
easily scooped up on the run.  I just can't imagine not having the adrenalin
rush that comes with scrambling to place the top and sidecurtains when caught
in an unexpected deluge. I've got it down to 5 minutes flat. Or the
incomparable feeling of exhiliration when you realize that you left the top
at home and have to execute the old go faster than the wind maneuver to force
all the rain right over your head while you pray for all green lights.

The real truth is, for motoring fun,  they got the TR right the first time.

Bob Paul
55 TR2
59 TR3A (with that more modern looking front design)
36 F2 Morgan Three Wheeler ( with a whale oil fueled heater)