was prothane bushings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: was prothane bushings
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:00:01 EST
Hi List,
Speaking of special grease for prothane bushings... just wondering if I
should put some of that special (copper?) grease on my new standard rubber
upper inner bushings on my TR4 suspension. When I tighten down the
bolts/washers the arms are very hard to rotate by hand. Would putting grease
on the fulcrum pins not be good for the rubber bushes? Is it better for my
suspension to have a dry tight, harder to rotate, fit?

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74

<< Subject: Prothane bushings
I had asked about installing these on my 60 tr3a. The consensus is "go for
it"; there was not one negative response; everybody who has them thinks
they're great, and they don't need to be reamed to fit. They come with
their own special grease so they don't squeak.
Nobody yet has responded that they were able to get them for the rear leaf
springs though; if anyone has found them please drop me a line.
Thanks,  Jim  >>