Re: e-bay

To: "Mark Bryon Joslyn" <mbjoslyn@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: e-bay
From: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:31:15 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've been silent on this subject... publicly, anyway... but I have to stick my
neck out here.

The assumption that people put stuff on e-bay just to see "what it's worth" is
asinine. Sorry guys, I had to say it. Most of us (me included) work on a budget,
and SWMBO objects violently when the grocery money is used for anything car
related... it's a fact of life; you could look it up.

So, we're faced with diving headlong into this free market operation (e-bay) at
the risk of being chastised for not giving the stuff away. Another fact of life
folks: the REAL worth of property is the "willing seller-willing buyer-no
duress" thing. E-bay's not PERFECT, but it works. I for one am amazed at what
people are willing to pay for some stuff. But guess what, it's their money and
that means more stuff for me.

OK, flame retardant suit in place.

Don Sforza                     dsforza@megahits.com        KA1WV
3/4 Morgan Group        1966 '4/4'  V  Competition        B1290
CT Triumph Register          1974 Triumph TR6        CF25689U