RE: TR4 - OD Gearbox Install

To: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>, Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 - OD Gearbox Install
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:53:56 -0500
Brian, Tony and Randall,

I must come in and straighten things out a bit.  I have not given you guys the
whole story and the wrong conclusions can be drawn.

What may not be obvious... is the we wanted the pressure to go down ASAP so we
could remove the gauge, install the proper OV plug and move on to installing
the gearbox in the car.

After 10 mins of solid holding, there were efforts made to bleed the pressure
by operating the valve lever.   Nothing seemed to happen and we stared at it
for awhile.  Everybody was free to try his trick on the valve lever.  After a
while the valve lever seemed to have an effect... except for the last 50
pounds which we bleed off by cracking open the gauge fitting... with a minor
mess resulting.

Sorry for not reporting accurately

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com