Re: TR3a wiring clarification

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a wiring clarification
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 01 08:46:09 -0800
In the Lucas wire insulation colour use guide

Red (and red with stripes) is listed as tail lamps,instrument lamps and
side markers.

Red/white is listed as Fuse to instrument lamp switch, Instrument panel
lamps.

The TR3A's instrument lamps are wired with red/white wires downstream of
the rehostat.  A point of confusion could be that the tail lamp wiring
(red insulation) connects to the front harness on the hot side of the
rehostat and the instrument lamps (red with white stripe) connects on the
down stream side of the rehostat.

Except for the error in the wiper switch circuit the wiring diagram in
the TR3A owners manual provides a good idea of what goes where.

>I believe it should be red with white.  Red is the tail light circuit,
>the white tracer indicates a secondary circuit.  Thus, there are red
>wires from the headlight switch to the front park lamps, rear tail
>lamps, and the dash light control.  From the control to the dash lamps
>(two on the panel, two each on the speedo and tach) is red/white.
>
>Randall
>
>David Templeton wrote:
>>
>> I am looking at the wiring diagram and I see a little roblem that I hope
>> someone can clear up.  The wire for the panel lights to the speedo and tach,
>> is it red or red with white?

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937