Re: TR3a wiring clarification

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a wiring clarification
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 20:06:24 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Randall
>FWIW, I checked TS39781LO, it also has only red wire from the dash to
the speedo.  The wire from the speedo to the tach has obviously been
replaced by a PO, however there is a speedo/tach harness in the parts
bin, that is also only red.

Twould appear the factory didn't pay any attention to their own wiring
diagram !  I checked the factory workshop manual, and several different
versions of the owner's manual, they all show it as red/white.
<

My 57 has a dash mounted switch which will extinguish the dash lights.  The
dash light wires are red/white.  Was this option abandoned and re-adopted
when the rheostat was adopted?

Dave