Re: TR3a wiring clarification

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a wiring clarification
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 20:02:20 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Randall
>Another possible point of confusion : David said he had a '59, and many
>59s don't have a rheostat for the dash lights.  Bill Piggott says it
>"became available" for US cars starting at TS43000, but I've had several
>cars between 43000 and 60000, none had the rheostat.

The 57 I own has a dash switch for the instrument lights.  I'll be willing
to bet that the rheostat was a replacement for the switch and the wiring
was unchanged.

>> Except for the error in the wiper switch circuit the wiring diagram in
>> the TR3A owners manual provides a good idea of what goes where.
>
>Ok, I'll bite, what error in the wiper switch circuit ?
>(and what edition of the owner's manual ?)

Could that be the fact that the factory manual is for the TR2 (with an
addendum for the TR3) and does not show the "parking" wiper configuration?

Dave