Re: TR3a wiring clarification

Subject: Re: TR3a wiring clarification
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 22:41:41 -0800
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David Massey wrote:

> The 57 I own has a dash switch for the instrument lights.  I'll be willing
> to bet that the rheostat was a replacement for the switch and the wiring
> was unchanged.

Basically true, except that the rheostat was in the center hole instead
of the top hole, and the wiring was somewhat rerouted to add an in-line
fuse to this circuit.

> Could that be the fact that the factory manual is for the TR2 (with an
> addendum for the TR3) and does not show the "parking" wiper configuration?

Perhaps I should clarify that what I call the owner's manual is P/N
501528, variously titled either "Triumph Sports Car Instruction Book" or
"Practical Hints for the Maintenance of the Triumph T.R.3".  It was
updated several times, by the 6th edition, it showed the rheostat,
in-line fuses, parking wipers, 2 stop lamps, etc.

Randall