Proper location of TR6 radio antenna

To: <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Proper location of TR6 radio antenna
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:30:25 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hugh Fader wrote:
The previous owner of my TR6 had the radio antenna velcroed onto the
windshield pillar. I would like to install it in the proper location.
I have
taken a look at quite a few pictures and sometimes it appears on the
left,
sometime on the right. Which is correct? Where should the hole be? In
the
fender?

Hugh - there's no *proper* location. Cars fitted with radios at the
factory before handover usually had the aerial fitted according to
steering wheel position. This was so that (at a stretch) you could
extend or compress the unit from the driving seat. Aerial base is on
the wing curve rather than the scuttle itself, otherwise it'll
interfere with the occupants legs. Alternatively, you can adopt a 70's
profile and have it as far as possible down at the back end on the
trailing edge of either rear wing.

Jonmac
MG 4305 DLO 1970 Triumph 2.5PI, TED 152318 1950 Ferguson TED20
"The Devil. Has he been disadvantaged by a bad Press? Discuss."

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
THE CROCUS AND A CORNFLOWER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus
The SLOW progress with 'Canley Girl':