Proper location of TR6 radio antenna

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Proper location of TR6 radio antenna
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:03:46 -0700
Just to add to the mix...
My 72 has a powered antennae mounted drivers side rear (filler spout) panel.
The active part hides nicely in front and to the outside of the tank. Lots
of room there for either a power or manual antennae and it is reachable by
either the driver or the passenger, though I'd recommend the driver not be
driving at the time.  It's an easy mount to do. Lots of room to get your
fingers and tools into. I prefer this type as I can fully retract it when
leaving it unattended thus avoiding wanton acts of vandalism.  (Minimize the
temptation)

There are no other holes, repaired or otherwise in the sheet-metal, so for
my TR6 at least, that is the "original" location.
Cheers
Don