Re: TR4 closed circuit breather

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 closed circuit breather
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:08:55 EST
In a message dated Tue, 22 Jan 2002  8:27:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Michael
Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com> writes:

> Listers,
>
> I am seeking confirmation of the change-over point the the closed circuit
> breather system on a TR4....
> Are the change-over points different for Antipodean/RHD TR4s, or is my car
> just special? ;-)

I'm not sure about the TR series, but the Herald, Spitfire, et.al. change point
was earlier in the US than for the home market. ISTR that there was some US
requirement for a positive crankcase ventilation system of some sort beginning
around the 1963 model year (possibly even earlier in California? CA listers can
verify/deny?). And that 1963 date can be borne out by various Heralds and
Spitfires I've dealt with over the years.

--Andy Mace