RE: TR4 closed circuit breather

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 closed circuit breather
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:43:42 -0800
I believe 1963 was the starting point for crankcase controls in CA, the
federal requirements followed a few years later.  But many makers, including
Triumph, elected to deliver all US cars as CA-spec.  There were several
reasons, but probably the biggest one was that they didn't know where the
cars would be finally delivered when they were first shipped.

There was definitely a US-only smog package by the TR4A, but I'm not certain
about the TR4.  And of course, US emissions were the reason the TR250 was
created, a US-only model.

Randall