Re: TR6 Insulating the Transmission Cover

To: tjordan@bigpond.net.au, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Insulating the Transmission Cover
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:14:27 EST
In a message dated 11/10/2002 6:57:45 PM EST, tjordan@bigpond.net.au writes:

<< What insulating material, inside or
 outside the cover, what adhesive, what results, and of course traps
 for the inexperienced and unwary? >>

Trevor,

I covered the inside surface (transmission side) of the tunnel with a highly
reflective chrome duct tape.....you can get it at Home Depot, etc.  The hope
is that the tape will reflect the heat from the trans away from the tunnel.
Other than that, I'm using the standard carpet underlayment on the tunnel
plus the carpet.

Chip

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration almost finished!
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - enjoying the end of another great driving
season