Re: Positive Ground Car Stereo

To: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Subject: Re: Positive Ground Car Stereo
From: "Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam" <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 11:53:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 11:00:08 -0500, "Kurtis"
<kurtisj@cox-internet.com> wrote:

>Greetings all...
>
>I'm quite the dunce when it comes to anything electrical, so this may be a
>stupid question.  Are there any options for hooking up a modern car stereo
>in my (currently) positive ground TR4 other than changing it to a negative
>ground configuration?  I don't suppose there are any car stereo
>manufacturers making systems specifically for cars with a positive ground
>electrical system are there?

http://www.gate.net/~gtayman/stereo.htm

---

This guy had instructions on an old website, but the pages are
gone.  There is an email address and a phone number, so he may
share his knowledge with you.
http://www.oconnorclassics.com

---

http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com/stereo.htm

---

Then there was this bit of advice.  It will work, and certainly
cost less than converting your radio:

> . . . but you might simply have to hard wire it with fuses straight
> to the battery, and make sure all the wiring is insulated from the cars body.

You'd also want to make sure that no metal part of the radio
chassis was touching a metal part of the car.  Some, most
perhaps, are grounded through the chassis.