Re: Originality

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Originality
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:59:42 -0400
On 9 Oct 2003 at 8:41, jonmac wrote:

> I'd wager all of them are now using parts (or mods to keep them running) that
> were never there when new.

This whole discussion reminds me of the comedian (I f'rget which one)
with the routine "This furniture isn't mine!  Somebody broke into my
apartment and stole all of my furniture and replaced it with an exact
duplicate."

Or the park ranger with George Washington's hatchet.  "Ten yeas ago
we replaced the handle, and then last year the head finally rusted
away so we made a new one.  But by golly, this is George Washington's
hatchet."

Of course, I can this because I don't have a spiffy TR2.  However I
*do* have Lucas headlights in the GT6, and I take enormous pride in
them. :-)  Are they any brighter than a modern 7" sealed-beam
headlight would be?  Well, um, yeah, they are!

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com