Re: ATV Jacks Revisited

To: "Scott Tilton" <stilton@protoprod.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ATV Jacks Revisited
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:47:44 -0500
> So ends my consumer report.
> I'm still on the lookout for a good / easy / cheap way to get a TR up
> high in the air.
>
> Scott Tilton

Have you given any consideration to the number of aluminum quick-lift jacks
that have permeated the floor jack scene in the last two years?

Harbor Freight has three models, from $99-199... The intermediate model
($139) seems to be the most well rounded, and lifts from 3.5" to 17.5" in "6
pumps".  The $99 jack has a lower profile and a lower lift height and also
only a two foot handle.  All models have a molded rubber pad on the lift
bucket to keep the jack from marring your chassis.  35.4lbs for the
intermediate model.

Craftsman just introduced their quick lift aluminum floor jack as well...
lift specs of 3.5" to 17.5" as well.  $169 on sale.  Molded rubber pad as
well.  40ish pounds.

Homier.com has an aluminum jack for $99 also.  Same lift specs and same
claims to number of pumps.  38 pounds.  Rubber Pad

Northern Industrial has their own aluminum jack, priced about the same as
the Craftsman.

Groits has a very nice aluminum jack, 35 pound weight, same lift specs as
the HF model... Rubber Pad... $500.

So that is the run down of the models I have been keeping an eye on.  I have
heard good things about the Harbor Freight model, but I have not myself
sprung for one yet.  If anyone has usability comments to add, I would love
to hear them... as a new floor jack will be on my shopping list come Spring
time!

Kai