RE: Seat rebuilding - TR3a

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: RE: Seat rebuilding - TR3a
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:58:44 +0000
I guess I just don't  understand how not having a "correct" set  of
seat springs  would be a problem.  I  know scrutinizers like  Andy
Mace are very meticulous, but how would they know if the seat even
had  springs...a  curious mind would like  to know...

Actually, it's pretty easy to tell just by looking.  Without the hard metal
framework around the top and bottom perimeters of the spring assembly, it's
nearly impossible to pull the cover tight enough to get a straight/crisp edge
where the horizontal cushion top turns the corner and heads vertically down
toward the bottom of the seat.  The soft corners of the foam will give way
and round over, both at the top and bottom corners, which also makes it
impossible to pull all of the wrinkles out of the thin vertical sections.
Not having a hard corner to stretch the material against most times will
result in a seat cushion that looks more like a couch pillow than a TR2/3
seat.
--
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH