RE: Seat rebuilding - TR3a

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seat rebuilding - TR3a
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:30:20 -0800
> I guess I just don't  understand how not having a "correct" set  of
> seat springs  would be a problem.  I  know scrutinizers like  Andy
> Mace are very meticulous, but how would they know if the seat even
> had  springs...a  curious mind would like  to know...

Bill, I can't speak for everyone ... but I'm only interested in how well it
sits and rides and lasts.  I really could care less about it being
'correct', but I've never sat on a non-original seat that I liked.  Foam
(even that used by new car makers) just doesn't cut it in a convertible IMO.
The foam always sags and deteriorates.  Friends of mine drives a 96 Miata,
his seats were wonderful when they were new, but they are noticeably sagged
today ... more so than my 45 year old TR3A seats !

I plan to keep my TR until I die ... which might not be another 45 years but
it could happen !

Randall