Re: Wheel Cylinders - Rebuild or Replace?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel Cylinders - Rebuild or Replace?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:04:15 -0700
MotoPsyche@aol.com wrote:

>Just how likely is it that rear wheel cylinders for 9-inch brakes on
>post-60000 TR3As can be successfully re-sealed so that they won't leak?

I've never had a problem with leaking, etc after replacing the seals.
My experience has been with cars that have been in constant use (one
replaced cause it leaked, one replaced cause it locked up)... if your
car has sat a long time I suppose cylinder condition may be an issue.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ