Re: Your Triumph as a kitchen

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>, "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Your Triumph as a kitchen
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:13:07 -0000
So that's why we haven't got any tin left in Cornwall!!! Old Julius with the
laurel leaves round his tonsure used it up to feed his Centurions. Ye gods,
those Romans have a lot to answer for. First they walk in and take the place
over, stay here for 400 years - and then go home leaving the whole country
(apart from Scotland) littered with old villas, lead lined coffins, a road
network (that hasn't been improved since 400AD) most of their language and
the technology of how to make our cars rust faster than their Fiats.

Jonmac

Scott A. Roberts wrote
> Probably even predates that.(Roman legions cooked in tin cans warmed by a
horses...?)

> > Message text written by "jonmac"
> > >took it a 10 minute drive to the supermarket to
> > fill up and while there invested in a can of chicken broth. Knocked two
> > holes in the top with a screwdriver, placed it on the inlet manifold and
> > held it in place with some copper wire from my toolbox. Then did the
> return
> > 10 minute journey back to the garage. Had a can opener in the toolbox as
> > well - and by the time I got back and switched off, the soup was
perfect.<

> > John, about 15 - 20 years ago one of the US based car magazines did an
> > article on manifold cooking wherein they engaged severa 3 and 4 star
chefs
> > who prepared some rather elegant meals all of which were cooked up on
the
> > manifolds of some feature automobiles of the time.  Items like Trout
> > Almondine with lemon sauce or Chicken Breast Picante, all wrapped in
> > aluminium foil, are perfect candidates for the high brow road food
> artists.
> >
> > Also, wasn't there an episode of "The Avengers" wherein John Steed
served
> > up a perfect five star picnic lunceon prepared on the manifold of hsi
> > Roller (this was a Linda Thorson episode)?
> >
> > Great idea for a ralley.  Now to finish that design for my exhaust
> manifold
> > popcorn popper.

---