Re: Your Triumph as a kitchen

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Your Triumph as a kitchen
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:15:51 -0500
On 17 Feb 2004 at 8:50, Dave Massey wrote:
> John, about 15 - 20 years ago one of the US based car magazines did an
> article on manifold cooking

Hmmm.  The concept of manifold cooking has been around, at least as
an urban myth, for a long time.  The thing that always bothered me
about it is the matter of temperature control.  Cooking at, say, 450F
is very different than cooking at 325F.  Given that the heat transfer
to your food is quite uncontrolled and the temperature of the
manifold per se is unknown (to most of us except perhaps Randall and
Joe), how would one even guess at when the food will be done??
Blackened chicken, anyone?

> Message text written by "jonmac"
> Had a can
> opener in the toolbox as well

As I'm sure you know even better than I, in the old days the tip of
the can opener in one's toolbox would most assuredly be covered with
motor oil!  And the rounded, bottle-opener end would be used for the
beer.

It's been too danged cold and I've been too danged busy to do any
Triumphing.

Jim Muller
muller@pop.rcn.com