RE: manifold nuts to general nuts

To: "'triumph listserv'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: manifold nuts to general nuts
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:15:14 -0500 from [4.12.36.162] at Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:15:10 -0600
>From my experience general aviation guidelines are that nylon locknuts are
never reused.  The torque settings change the second time used.  If you are
using locknuts where torque is important, don't re-use them.  I generally
re-use them depending on the application.  I don't re-use them on the drive
train where there is a lot of movement and vibration.  Had a driveshaft come
loose one time - that was a learning experience.  The problem waiting until
they can be turned by hand is that that may already be too late some
applications.  You should pick the grade to match the strength needed.  The
grade does not change the locking capability of the nut.
Pete