TR3A idle speed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A idle speed
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:28:24 -0700
After rebuilding the carbs, setting mixture (using the lifting pin
and tach method), and timing, the car is gunning great. But I do have
a very minor problem that is driving me nuts. I methodically set the
idle speed to 800 rpm.  Then I go out and drive around the
neighborhood, and when I come to a stop, the idle never goes below
1100rpm.

I have adjusted everything I can think of.  I even disconnected the
throttle linkage and adjusted it so it would pull down on the
throttle ever so lightly with the throttle off.

Is there something that I am missing???

John
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr