Re: Bonnet Mirrors

To: beaker211@rogers.com (Cameron Rooke), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bonnet Mirrors
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:20:31 -0500
In a message dated 1/26/2005 2:15:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, Cameron Rooke
<beaker211@rogers.com> writes:

>On my '71 GT6 I have a single bullet mirror on the driver's door. It is
>mounted behind (to the rear of) the vent window and is too far back in my
>opinion. I am used to having a mirror on the passenger side as well - my
>dreaded other vehicle is a minivan :-( - and I wonder whether I sould put some
>mirrors on the bonnet to give me a better field of vision. I like the looks of
>a couple of bullet mirrors up front on the bonnet, but I wonder how practical
>they are considering vibration. Anyone have any experience with this?
>Alternatively, I could move the driver's mirror forward and mount one on the
>passenger door, but I've heard that this may not work well either (especially
>on the passenger side). Real world experiences much appreciated.

I can say from experience that a "matching" bullet mirror on the passenger side
(as I onced tried to do on a GT6+) will be rather close to useless...unless you
can find a convex mirror glass for it. Even then I'm not sure how useful it
will be.

--Andy Mace