RE: Bonnet Mirrors

To: "TR" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Bonnet Mirrors
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:50:48 -0800
> My TR4A has a bullet mirror just ahead of the driver's side
> door. I also
> have a slightly convex mirror at the centre top of the
> windscreen. These two
> provide an excellent coverage behind.  A mirror on a previous
> car on the
> passenger side door was'nt much help except for parking close
> to the curb
> though it does no harm..

I would have to agree.  I have been driving my TR4 since I was 16 and all I
have ever had was a bullet mirror on the drivers door .. With the mounting
bracket just at the lip edge of the door, but not too close to hit the
fender when you open the door ... And a stock rear view mirror.  Never had
any problems except once when I didn't tighten the set screw enough and the
mirror rotated a little.  Once you set these, they don't bounce or move on
you.

David R. Hammond
62 TR4 #CT 17780LO
68 TR250 #CD 185LO